The following two procedures can be used to recover or move your BrightID to a new phone.
- 1.Social Recovery is a great way to recover/move if you have three or more close family, friend, colleague, or community kinship who would not mind being your recovery connection. It can be quite effective:
To set it up follow -> Social Recovery
- It is not necessary for your recovery connections to have any verification.
- It does not cost an extra phone (unlike device recovery).
- You can recover or move to new phone even if your old phone became unusable, got lost, or stolen. No need to have old phone with BrightID around when recovering to new one.
- 2.Device Recovery is great as a backup of your BrightID if you own multiple phones. Or you can use it to move to new phone while you still have the old phone without needing any recovery connections.To set it up follow -> Device Recovery